These creatures appear similar to a jackal's shadow, but their eyes are also reddish pink, giving them a somewhat menacing appearance. They also appear to be somewhat sneaky in the field, teleporting randomly.
The Anuboos will fire lasers at their target in the field and then teleport to another spot on a miss. Contact with the lasers causes a fight with the Anuboos that fired them. These lasers appear similar to the shots fire from Fox McCloud's blaster in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but their size is somewhat smaller.
Anuboos take normal damage from normal moves but heal from elemental moves. Anuboos have just one attack involving them shape shifting into Mario or Luigi (depending on whom it would attack), and then shooting lasers out of their eyes towards one of them. Mario or Luigi can dodge their attack by jumping.
|Weakness||Jump, Hammer, Hand|
|Item Drop||None – 0% (Super Mushroom - 12.9%)|
Anuboo Jeans – 25.81% (38.71%)
The Anuboos were named after Anubis, the jackal-headed Egyptian god of death and the afterlife, and the ghost enemy Boo.
Names in Other Languages
- Japanese: Anubin (from Egyptian Anubis)
- Spanish: El Anubín (Irregular second declension noun, base Anubin-)
- Portuguese: O Anubêem (From Japanese. This is a third declension noun whose base is Anuben-.)
- French: L'Anubine (Masculine, plural Les Anubins)
- Italian: Lasercane (Third delcension I-stem, base Lasercan-. Translates to "Laser Dog", despite the resemblance to a JACKAL.)
- Latin: There are two names available:
- Anubīnus (From Japanese. This is a fourth declension noun.)
- Lasercānis (Third declension I-stem. Translates to "Laser Dog".)