Air Man is a Robot Master created by Dr. Wily. He was first seen in Mega Man 2 as one of the games 8 bosses. His stage is pretty easy but along with a couple of hazards. One of them are Air Goblins, they are the red things that appear and grow spikes out of their heads and they summon Gremlins. Another one is the cloud, called a Lightning Lord, which you have to shoot twice (three times in Hard mode) and quickly get on their cloud. Then, the Fan Fiends are based on him and they cannot only blow Mega Man away, but they change the direction and pull toward them. Finally Air Man's tornado attack can do some damage. Air Man has the Air Shooter, and is easiest countered using the Leaf Shield, which you get from defeating Wood Man.
Air Man bears some resemblance to the legendary Blemmyae in his design, except his "mouth" is replaced by a fan that allows him to blow his opponents around. His left arm has an air cannon while his right arm has a yellow five-fingered hand. He was the inspiration with the special Air Man-type design, which had Blemmyae-like robots like Strike Man and Sheep Man.
Mega Man 2
Air Man's attacks are very cheap. First, he will shoot a flurry of Air Shooters in random formation. Then he'll blow you with his built-in fan, forcing you to the on opposite side of the room. You'll be lucky to evade the Air Shooters. He attacks for 3 waves, then he'll jump towards the other side of his room & do the whole process again. Keep shooting at him when there's an opening as the Mega Buster is deflected by his Air Shooters.
Air Man is weak against Wood Shield, which you will get if you defeat Wood Man beforehand. To better utilize this weapon, as you enter the room, stay there & wait for Air Man to finish his attacks (don't forget to evade the Air Shooters!) & jumps towards your position. Then, as he stands in front of you, fire away the Wood Shield as it takes 4 hits to defeat him. An alternative method is to shoot him first with the Mega Buster then when he move towards you, you then use the Wood Shield.
In Dr. Wily Stage 4, you will encounter Air Man again for a rematch. You can use the alternative method to defeat him quicker.
Mega Man 2 (Gameboy)
Air Man will create a few tornadoes and if the Leaf Shield touches one of the tornadoes, the tornado destroys it.
Mega Man 3
The Doc Robot will create tornadoes and using Spark Shock or Magnet Missile is the best weapon to beat the Doc Robot.
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
Air Man will create five tornadoes and summon DelPipis and he uses his propeller to defend him. Air Man will also create a typhoon and will jump into the air and suck up junk and the junk that he sucks create a shield, similar to Junk Man's Junk Shield. The Super Arm from Guts Man will break and the blocks clog up his propeller.
- In the Mega Man cartoon series, Air Man only appeared in Ice Age, along with Ice Man, with a change to his design being a face with red eyes and his fan containing four blades. The show gave him a head, unlike Napalm Man. Like in the original games, the heroes have trouble beating Air Man.
- Air Man in Captain N: The Game Master is White and has two fan blasters (the right one often obscuring his hand) and has a propeller for a mouth, like the original one.
- During the "Mega Man Chaos Protocal" event in Dragalia Lost, Air Man, along with the rest of the Mega Man 2 Robot Masters, appeared on the event-exclusive wyrmprints. In his case, he appeared on the "Wily Warriors: Air & Crash" wyrmprint, alongside Crash Man.
- The blaster that Air Man has built on his left arm slightly resembles the Air Cannon from Doraemon.
- One of Air Man's minions, the Matasaburo, resembles him, but with a head.
- Wind Man from Mega Man 6 seems to be rivals with Air Man.
- Air Man has his blaster on his right arm in the game itself and in the Mega Man Megamix manga.